Saturday, February 07, 2015

"Music is a dream!"

"Music is in the first place of Art. Music brings us on an island with Peace, Beauty and Love"
The Lady in Number 6: Music Saved My Life is a 2014 Oscar®-winning documentary by Malcolm Clarke that tells the story of Alice Herz Sommer, 109 year old, the world's oldest pianist and Holocaust survivor. Living entirely alone in a tiny flat in central London Alice spent hours each day at her piano, practicing beloved Bach and Beethoven, for she was once a renowned and celebrated concert pianist performing to enthusiastic audiences throughout central Europe until the ‘lights went out all over Europe’ and the continent was plunged into years of misery and bitter conflict. During those years Alice suffered experiences that no human being should have to endure. In this film Alice discusses the importance of music, laughter and how to have an optimistic outlook on life. And it’s from music that Alice derives her supreme optimism. As she’s so fond of saying; “I have lived through many wars and have lost everything many times – including my husband, my mother and my beloved son. Yet, life is beautiful, and I have so much to learn and enjoy. I have no space nor time for pessimism and hate.” She died in London on 23 February 2014, aged 110.
Please take the time to watch,  extremely inspirational and uplifting.

No comments: