Please listen to these five pieces of advice to “Lean In” to this world of hyper connectivity:
1) Think like a NEW IMMIGRANT - new immigrants are "paranoid optimists": they are optimists because they left somewhere worse and came to somewhere they thought was better but they are paranoid, they always think that this can be taken away from them in a flash. Think like an immigrant, stay hungry!
2) Think like an ARTISAN. Take pride. Do your job every day as if you will put your initials on it.
3) Think like a STARTER-UPPER. The new "f' word is "finished". Reid Hoffman said "Everyone should always be in beta". Always see yourself as a work in progress.
4) PQ + CQ trumps IQ. Persistence + Curiosity is always greater than IQ.
5) Think like a WAITRESS at Perkins' Pancake House. Think entrepreneurial.
Thomas L. Friedman is an internationally renowned author, reporter, and, columnist—the recipient of three Pulitzer Prizes and the author of six bestselling books, among them "The World Is Flat".
-- Read about it on the Daily Riff
-- Read on Fresh Dialogues