Monday, February 24, 2014

Be inspired by beauty

Supporting the arts also means to appreciate the beauty that sorround us. 


In June and July of 1980, John Lennon wrote his last songs in Bermuda. He named the album from a freesia flower he saw in the Botanical Gardens - The Double Fantasy. As Yoko says "I am pleased that John is being honored in the Bermuda Botanical Gardens. It is where he discovered the Double Fantasy freesia flower which became the title of his last album. Know that he loved and was immensely inspired by Bermuda. His spirit is now a part of the beautiful botanical gardens where I hope peace and love will grow. I love you".



"I want it said of me by those who knew me best, that I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower where I thought a flower would grow"

-- Abraham Lincoln



The national Bermuda Botanical Gardens are located in Paget Parish. They cover an area of 36 acres and include formal gardens, rolling lawns, a rose garden, sensory garden, and much more. The gardens are also home to Camden, the official residence of the Premier of Bermuda, and the Masterworks Museum of Bermuda Art.

No comments: