Saturday, September 26, 2015

EVERYONE DESERVES TO BE HEARD

“When I was growing up, we had music in our schools. It was a given. These days many of these programs are not available. I don’t know what I would have done without music in my life when I was growing up. I was unpopular and picked on, but for me, music was my refuge and solace the one thing I knew I was good at; it fed me and kept me going.” - Sarah McLachlan
KidScoop Media reporters Shelby and Alexis speak with musician Sarah McLachlan about her childhood and the tuition-free music school she founded to teach and inspire kids in Vancouver.
The Sarah McLachlan School of Music provides music education to underserved and at-risk youth at no cost. The school is dedicated to helping young people build community and find their voice. All children should be provided with the opportunity to realize their full potential. Music education provides this opportunity.
-- Watch more inspiring videos here
-- Read "Sarah McLachlan wants to open school of music in Surrey, B.C." on CBC News
-- Watch "A Musical Legacy: Sarah McLachlan's school of music"on Global News



No comments: